EFN.org - USAGE AGREEMENT AND ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
By using EFN.org's services you agree to and are bound by the following:
- The use of EFN.org's services to engage in any unlawful acts is prohibited,
and terminates this agreement immediately upon notice of EFN.org. Transmission
of any material in violation of any US or state regulation is prohibited.
This includes, but is not limited to: copyrighted material, material
legally judged to be threatening or obscene, or material protected
as a trade secret. Subscriber agrees to indemnify and hold harmless
EFN.org from any claims resulting from subscribers use of the Service.
- Use of any information obtained via EFN.org is understood to be at the Subscriber's own risk. Some material found on the Internet may be considered objectionable; however EFN.org is not responsible for the content of documents on the Internet. EFN.org recommends the use of site-blocking software for those Subscribers who may have under age users in their homes.
- Subscriber agrees to pay
monthly service fees for connection to, and use of, the Internet,
E-mail and Web Hosting Services through EFN.org. Subscriber agrees
to promptly notify EFN.org of any change in billing address. Charges
for service are billed in advance. Customers agree to pay for
Service on or before the date the amount is due. Full payment for
outstanding invoices must be received no later than the last day
of the month following the date of the invoice. Accounts for which
payment has not been received by the last day of the month will be
automatically suspended until such time as the account is brought
current. Any account subject to termination for non-payment will
be charged an additional setup fee for reactivation.
- Dialup accounts are not intended to be used by more than one modem at a time. Subscribers may not give their password to a friend or business colleague. EFN.org software detects multiple users on the same account and any subscriber who is using an account in this manner is subject to immediate termination.
- Subscribers are responsible for all electronic mail originating from your account. The following prohibited uses shall terminate this agreement immediately upon notice by EFN.org: forgery (or attempted forgery) of electronic mail messages; attempts to send unsolicited mail, bulk advertising mail, or chain letters; attempts to send harassing, obscene and/or other threatening email to another person; attempts to read, delete, copy, or modify the electronic mail of other users.
- EFN.org has no obligation to monitor the Service. However, the Subscriber agrees that EFN.org has the right to monitor the Service electronically from time to time and to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any law including court ordered discovery, regulation or other governmental request, to operate the Service properly, or to protect itself or its subscribers. EFN.org will not intentionally monitor or disclose any private e-mail messages unless required by law. EFN.org reserves the right to refuse to post, or to remove any information or material, in whole or in part, that, in its sole discretion, are unacceptable, undesirable, or in violation of this Agreement. Subscriber is responsible for and must maintain all telephone and other equipment, software and services necessary to access the Service. Except as expressly permitted by EFN.org in writing, subscribers may not redistribute this Service or resell access or service which they receive from EFN.org. Subscribers may not solicit directly any EFN.org subscribers for business or service.
- Opening an account under
a false name or other false pretenses is prohibited, and terminates
this agreement immediately upon notice by EFN.org. Intentional and
unauthorized access to EFN.org’s computer systems and the data
residing on these computer systems without lawful right is a criminal
offense punishable to the full extent of law. Continued impedance
of other users through mass consumption of system resources, after
receipt of a request to cease such activity, is prohibited, and terminates
this agreement immediately upon notice by EFN.org.
- The use of specialized terminal programs is strictly prohibited, and terminates this agreement immediately upon notice by EFN.org. This includes, but is not limited to, specialized telnet clients, FTP clients and hacked IRC clients or servers who do not use standard ports or protocols.
- Subscriber expressly agrees
that use of the Service is at subscribers sole risk. Neither EFN.org
nor any of its respective providers, licensors, employees, or agents
warrant that the Service will be uninterrupted or error free and
no warranty is made with respect to merchantability or fitness for
a particular purpose. The Service is distributed on an “as is” basis.
Neither EFN.org nor anyone else involved in creating, producing or
delivering the Service shall be liable for any direct, indirect,
incidental, special, or consequential damages arising out of use
of the Service or inability to use the Service or content obtained
from the Service or out of any breach of warranty expressed or implied.